NYS Boys' & Girls' Junior Amateur Championship
Host: Seven Oaks Golf Club
Dates: July 23-24, 2019
Entry Fee: $125
Deadline: Tuesday, July 2nd at 5:00pm
Terms of the Competition
See the Memorandum to Players for more information.
1. Gender: This competition is open to male and female amateur golfers.
2. NYS Residency/Membership: Players must be either (1) a resident of New York State or (2) a dues-paying member of an NYSGA member club (Type I).
3. Age: Players must be 18 or younger as of July 24, 2019.
4. USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index (no limit specified). Juniors can get one free by joining an NYSGA eClub.
Players compete in the following division, determined by their age as of July 24, 2019. Note: Boys' Sub-Junior golfers (14 & Under) are not permitted to change divisions, regardless of playing ability (no exceptions).
- Boys' Junior (Ages 15-18)
- Boys' Sub-Junior (Ages 14 & Under)
- Girls' Junior (Ages 18 & Under)
Entries: All players must register online prior to the established deadline (see below). Entries by mail or fax will not be accepted. A player may only submit one entry. Any player found to have submitted more than one entry may be subject to disqualification.
Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (5PM EST on Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of the reason.
Refund Policy: A portion of the entry fee, based on the schedule below, will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org): Prior to Deadline: Entry fee less $20. After the Deadline: Entry fee less $50.
FORMAT, FIELD SIZE, AND SCHEDULE
The championship is contested over 36 holes of stroke play. The field is limited to: 78 (Boys' Junior), 42 (Girls' Junior), and 36 (Boys' Sub-Junior). Note: Sectional qualifying is required of all non-exempt boys' junior golfers.
- Monday, July 22 // Practice rounds
- Tuesday, July 23 // First round, 18 holes
- Wednesday, July 24 // Second round, 18 holes
The lowest scorer in each Championship division for 36 holes will be the champion. In the event of a tie for any Championship, a sudden-death playoff will be held immediately following play.
1. Championship: The winner and runner up of the Championship will receive a trophy. The winner will also receive custody of the permanent Championship trophy for the ensuing year, subject to any conditions the NYSGA may establish.
2. Age Divisions: The winners of the following age divisions will receive a trophy for both boys and girls: 18, 17, 16, 15 14, 13, 12 & Under. Any ties for age division ties will be broken by the USGA recommended method of matching scorecards. Note that the overall winner and runner-up will not be eligible to win an age division trophy.
A player is prohibited from using a caddie during championship rounds (including the championship practice round).
A player is prohibited from using a motorized golf cart during championship rounds (including the championship practice round). The use of a pushcart is approved. See below for spectators use of golf carts.
Spectators are always welcome at NYSGA championships. As a guest of the NYSGA and the host club, spectators are expected to dress in golf appropriate clothing and quietly follow players. Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages should be kept at a minimum, especially at the Junior Amateur. Cell phones must be either turned off or set to silent. Follow your players from a distance (at least 20 yards) and stay in the rough or on the cart paths. Do not lag behind the players as this often delays players in the group behind. Spectator carts are not permitted, exceptions are only allowed if the Handicap Cart Request form (see below) is submitted seven days prior to the start of the competition.
HANDICAP CART REQUEST FORM
Click here to download and print the form that must be completed for a disabled spectator requesting the use of a motorized golf cart. Note that this form must be emailed at least seven days prior to the start of the competition.
Players must be neat in appearance with respect to clothing and personal appearance.
PLAYER MEMO FOR CHAMPIONSHIP
Click here to view this Championship's Memorandum to Players.
CONDITIONS; TERMS; SCHEDULES
The NYSGA reserves the right to amend any of the conditions, terms, or schedules published for this Championship. The decision of the NYSGA in any matter will be final.