2022 New York State
Men's Amateur Championship
Onondaga Golf & CC (Fayetteville) | August 9-11
Memorandum to Players
Last Chance Qualifier | Drumlins East | August 7
- Gender: The Championship is open to male amateur golfers.
- Membership: Players must be a member of the NYSGA, defined as either belonging to an NYSGA member club or an NYSGA eClub (NYS residency required of NYSGA/MGA/RDGA eClub members).
- Age: There are no age restrictions.
- USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index of 8.4 or less issued by their NYSGA member club.
- Qualifying Status: This qualifier is open to all eligible golfers, including those who previously attempted to qualify.
- Entries: Player must register online prior to the established deadline (see below). Entries by mail or fax will not be accepted. A player may only submit one entry. Any player found to have submitted more than one entry may be subject to disqualification.
- Fee: This championship utilizes a two-tiered entry fee, with a total fee of $225 for players in the Last Chance Qualifier.
- Qualifying Fee: $125
- Championship Fee: $100, charged to players who advance through qualifying
- Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (12PM EST on Tuesday, August 2, 2022). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Refund Policy: A portion of the entry fee, based on the schedule below, will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at email@example.com): Prior to Deadline: Entry fee less $20. After the Deadline: Entry fee less $50.
18 holes of stroke play, 12:30pm start time.
Blue Tees, 6,231 yards, par 71.
FIELD SIZE, QUALIFYING SPOTS & TIES
There are six (6) qualifying spots available. Ties for the last qualifying spots and alternates will be broken by playoff. If time does not permit, USGA method of matching of scorecards will be used. Qualifying players will be charged the secondary $100 championship fee.
Click here to view the starting times and pairings.
Players should arrive to the first tee 10 minutes before their starting time for announcements and to receive their scorecard and Notice to Players (rules).
Availability and pricing of practice rounds are set at the discretion of the host club.
GOLF CARTS APPROVED FOR QUALIFYING ROUNDS ONLY
The use of a motorized golf cart for this championship is outlined below:
1. Qualifying: A player may use a golf cart during sectional qualifying rounds, payment for which is included in the entry fee for all qualifiers except for Bethpage. The NYSGA's One-Seat Policy is in effect.
2. Championship: A player is prohibited from using a golf cart during the Championship practice and competition rounds.
Players are permitted to use push carts, whether motorized or manual.
A player may provide his own caddie for any stage/round of the championship. Caddies are required to dress appropriately (proper golf attire) and act in a manner consistent with the etiquette of golf. If the player is riding, only he or his caddie can ride, not at the same time regardless if there is space available. See NYSGA's One-Seat Policy.
SPECTATORS AND CARTS
Spectators are permitted and must follow guidelines consistent with golf competitions. Spectators are expected to maintain a reasonable distance (at least 20 yards) from players and to always walk with or ahead of the group they are following. Spectators must not give players advice, doing so could result in the player being penalized. Spectators who are in breach of these recommendations may be subject to removal from the golf course.
The NYSGA is willing to accommodate spectators with an ADA disability by allowing them to ride in their own golf cart. To request this accommodation, a spectator must complete and return the NYSGA Golf Cart Request Form.
LOCAL RULES AND CONDITIONS
Listed below are a number of important Conditions of Competition and Local Rules for this Championship.
- RULES OF GOLF; WHEN COMPETITION IS FINAL. Play will be governed by The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and R&A. Questions are to be referred to the NYSGA Rules Committee, whose decision will be final. The result of this qualifier is final when the recap email is sent to the field.
- NYSGA LOCAL RULES AND TERMS OF THE COMPETITION (HARD CARD). Download the 2021 NYSGA Hard Card.
- GOLF BALLS; DRIVER HEADS. Model Local Rules G-1 and G-3 are in effect. Visit the USGA website for a list of approved golf balls and driver heads.
- PERSONAL APPEARANCE. Players must be neat in appearance with respect to personal grooming and clothing.
To withdraw, promptly notify the NYSGA (call 315-471-6979, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). Failure to do so may result in disqualification from future NYSGA competitions.
PACE OF PLAY
It is a condition that players must play without undue delay in accordance with guidelines established by the Committee. To view the NYSGA's Pace of Play Policy.
Players and/or their guests must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner at all times. Any excessive display of anger, vulgar language, club throwing, alcohol abuse, illegal drug use, lack of golfing etiquette or disrespect to a fellow player or any other individual may be grounds or disqualification from any tournament. The NYSGA reserves the right to revoke a player's tournament entry, without a refund, at any time for conduct deemed inappropriate or damaging to the NYSGA.
800 Nottingham Road, Syracuse, NY 13224
Randy King, Club Director
Sean Dadey, Head Golf Professional
Peter McPartland, Superintendent